Every dollar helps! Your contribution will help us provide and advocate for a continuum of mental health services for children, youth, and their families in the Districts of Sudbury and Manitoulin. Donations are accepted at all our locations across northeastern Ontario and online.
Online donations can be made through CanadaHelps. Your donation will be transferred instantly to our fund, and will begin its journey to help promote child, youth, and family mental health in our community!
Compass has been a registered charity since 2008.
The funds donated to our charitable fund have allowed us to reach out to the community with events such as Child and Youth Mental Health Week events, Youth Pride BBQ and more. These types of community activities work to promote early prevention of mental health illness reduce the stigma surrounding mental illness and create a safe and inclusive environment for all attendees. Also, the funds provided us with the opportunity to purchase therapeutic toys, resources, and material for youth, and families who attend our various programs.
Our charitable fund has also helped us to develop programs such as our youth and family engagement initiatives that seek to unite those with a mission of educating others about mental wellness and the resources available.
Our charitable registration number: 128016383RR0001
Frequently Asked Questions
How many children, youth, and families will benefit from my contribution?
1 in 5 children and youth in Ontario suffer from mental illness. Our centre serves approximately 700 active clients at a time.
How will my contribution help?
Money donated to the Charitable Fund helps us to:
- promote mental health in our community through educational events and outreach.
- afford the materials necessary to provide, aid and enhance our programs and services.
- ensure that our sites are safe and welcoming for the children, youth, and families that visit.
- promote our Centre and services in our community.
- to host mental health activities annually for the community during Children’s Mental Health Week.
- facilitate mental health initiatives and support such as youth engagement and family engagement groups.
- Can my company or organization sponsor an event?
Absolutely! Contact us to find out what events we’re planning, or let us know that you would like to be involved in the Children’s Mental Health Week activities or the Youth Pride BBQ.
- As a corporate donor how will I be recognized?
As a corporate donor, your business or organization can be recognized for your contribution on our marketing material for the event. We will ensure your logo and company name are added to all posters, social media posts and press releases. Feel free to send us your logo following your gift for maximum promotion.
Other recognition opportunities are in the works.